In September 2018, the Fourth International Teaching Artist Conference (ITAC4) took place in New York City. During this dynamic three-day conference, 300 delegates from 28 different countries joined together in a collective and collaborative art making process through the building of a flag. Bringing together fabrics and stories of inspiration, we created a physical representation of all those present at the conference and of their communities. We now invite you to join this community by contributing your fabric and stories.
Contribute to this Collective Project in your own Community
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A piece of fabric that represents what your bring to the global teaching artist community.
- A handwritten letter, story or explanation that you will share with others.
STEPS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Contact us at email@example.com to express your interest and get more information.
- Create a flag in your community by having participants sew the fabrics together by hand and share their stories of inspiration.
- Document your process and share photos of the fabrics and stories with the ITAC Collaborative.
- Keep the finished flag in your community, but mail us a small portion so that we can add it to the collective piece to be shared at ITAC5 in Seoul, South Korea.